Personnel who handle hazardous chemicals need to be adequately trained for both normal and emergency conditions.
Who Should Attend?
This Chemical Safety Awareness training course is essential for people who have the potential to be exposed to chemicals in their workplace. Participants will gain a better understanding of the chemicals they deal with and how they might affect them during their work or in the event of an accident.
- Understand the diverse forms of chemical substances and the risks each presents.
- Have appropriate knowledge of hazards and dangers of working with chemicals.
- Be able to understand the information contained in material safety data sheets.
- Obtain competent knowledge of the legislation controlling the storage, use and transport of chemicals.
- Understand hazard signs and how to use the information they contain.
- Be able to take appropriate safety precautions when working with some typical chemical substances (including wearing of required PPE)
Duration: 1 Day
Course Delivery: Classroom