First Aid Response Refresher
The 2 Day First Aid Response Refresher training course enables participants who have previously completed the 3-day first aid course to keep their qualification active and recognised.
Who Should Attend?
Participants who hold a valid 3-day First Aid Response or previous 2 Day Occupational First Aid Refresher certificate are eligible to attend.
- Keep their first aid qualification active and recognised.
- Explain the new developments in first aid.
- Display up-to-date skills and knowledge related to the delivery of a first aid response.
- Display the requisite personal skills including: composure, competence and self-confidence, while understanding their limitations.
- Provide first aid in the workplace and other environments, including: home and recreational settings.
- Recognise and assess the causes and effects of sudden illness or injury in a pre-hospital environment.
- Calling the emergency medical services for assistance and provide adequate cover until their arrival.
- Provide first aid for conditions not thought to be life-threatening, but are necessary to prevent further harm, before the arrival of a healthcare provider.
- Record and report the actions and interventions taken when providing first aid during an incident.
Duration: 2 Days
Course Delivery: Classroom