First Aid Response
The First Aid Response training course is a foundation first aid course that trains participants to provide first aid for a person who becomes suddenly unwell or injured until the arrival of emergency medical services.
This course is designed to meet a company’s occupational first aid requirements. However, this course is also very popular with individuals who would like to gain first aid skills and knowledge e.g. parents, sports clubs, community groups etc.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who wishes to become Occupational First Aiders, either from small, medium & large enterprises across all sectors, and anyone who wishes to become occupational first aiders who are self-employed persons.
- Display skills and knowledge related to the delivery of a first aid response.
- Display the requisite personal skills including: composure, competence and self-confidence, while understanding their limitations.
- Provide first aid in the workplace and other environments, including: home and recreational settings.
- Recognise and assess the causes and effects of sudden illness or injury in a pre-hospital environment.
- Calling the emergency medical services for assistance and provide adequate cover until their arrival.
- Provide first aid for conditions not thought to be life-threatening, but are necessary to prevent further harm, before the arrival of a healthcare provider.
- Record and report the actions and interventions taken when providing first aid during an incident.
Duration: 3 Days
Course Delivery: Classroom