You will recognise the importance of working effectively within a team and acquire effective communication skills.
Who Should Attend?
Our Care Support course will cater for a variety of adult learners ranging from school leavers with no previous experience in the healthcare sector to more mature adults with relevant life or work experience. Some of the latter will have previously had some education and training in healthcare. More mature adults will frequently be seeking new career opportunities, be working in the home or currently working in the healthcare sector. These will tend to opt for the part-time learning route to achieving the award.
- Relating to the client
- Dependency and its effect on the client and the carer
- Client autonomy
- Privacy issues
- Strengths of an effective care worker
- Personal effectiveness in the care environment
- Working effectively in a team
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and non-verbal communication techniques
- Relating to relevant stakeholders e.g. family
- Structure and function of the Irish Health Care Service
- Primary, secondary and tertiary health care teams
- Reporting and record keeping skills
- Learner Record (70%)
- Assignment (30%)
Course Delivery: Distance Learning
How distance learning works:
As our learner, you will be issued with a username and password which allows you to log-in to your course anywhere you have an internet connection and at any time. This allows you to complete the course at a time and pace that suits your individual needs. You will have access to the course materials plus support documents and useful links and video clips. All course materials can be printed if you prefer a paper copy. In addition, you will have access to tutor support though phone, email and via an online forum.
Our QQI Accredited Healthcare Programmes are delivered in association with Chevron Training, an accredited QQI Provider.