You will also understand the importance of hazard identification and the importance of risk assessment and the appropriate control measures. Alongside understanding the principles of Health & Safety Management, you will recognise the legal, financial and moral consequences of poor Health & Safety practices.
Who Should Attend?
Our Safety & Health at Work course will cater for a variety of adult learners ranging from school leavers with no previous experience in the healthcare sector to more mature adults with relevant life or work experience. Some of the latter will have previously had some education and training in healthcare. More mature adults will frequently be seeking new career opportunities, be working in the home or currently working in the healthcare sector. These will tend to opt for the part-time learning route to achieving the award.
- Health & Safety Legislation (Common and Statute)
- The Health & Safety Authority
- The Safety Statement/Safety Manual
- Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment & Control Measures
- Health & Safety Management
- Accidents in the workplace
- Accident investigation & reporting
- Consultation process in the workplace
- Manual Handling and Ergonomics
- Fire Safety
- Emergency Evacuation Procedures
- Workplace Machinery
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safe use and Handling of Chemicals
- Safety Signage
- Safety Audits and Inspections
- Environmental Factors
- Health Promotion
- Assignments x 2 (60%)
- Theory Based Examination (40%)
Course Delivery: Distance Learning
How distance learning works:
As our learner, you will be issued with a username and password which allows you to log-in to your course anywhere you have an internet connection and at any time. This allows you to complete the course at a time and pace that suits your individual needs. You will have access to the course materials plus support documents and useful links and video clips. All course materials can be printed if you prefer a paper copy. In addition, you will have access to tutor support though phone, email and via an online forum.
Our QQI Accredited Healthcare Programmes are delivered in association with Chevron Training, an accredited QQI Provider.