The purpose of a Safety Committee is to regularly bring workers and management together in a cooperative effort to communicate and to promote occupational safety and health in the workplace.
It is an opportunity to assist the employer and make recommendations for improvements regarding safety issues. Members of the safety committee include safety representatives nominated by their colleagues and safety officers appointed by management.
Who Should Attend?
Safety Committee members.
- Implications of Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- General Applications Regulations 2007
- Additional relevant legislation
- Systems of managing health and safety
- Hazard identification
- Risk assessment
- Control measures
- Consultation and Committee effectiveness
- Role and function of the committee under 2005 Act and consultation
- Ensuring a high profile
- Terms of reference
- Members duties
- Communicating the Health and Safety message
Duration: ½ Day
Course Delivery: Classroom